Hyatt commissioned expert carpet manufacturer Brintons to design bespoke carpets for its 4 star business hotel, Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle. Brintons designed approximately 700sqm of carpets for the renovation of Le Campus, the hotel’s innovative and flexible space for co-working and creative meetings. Hyatt’s design concept was to evoke a nostalgia for university, to inspire creative thinking and enhance the exchange of ideas. This brief lead the carpet manufacturer to take inspiration from the structure of molecules, using the hotel’s bright colour palettes as stimulus for the bespoke designs.
Key facts at a glance:
– Project: Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, a 4 star business hotel
– Client: Hyatt
– Renovation start and completion dates: April 2014 – August 2014
– Brintons created bespoke axminster carpets for the hotel’s meeting space, Le Campus.
– Brintons worked with multi-disciplinary design company Virserius Studio and general construction company Vöcker Hospitality on the renovation.
– Design Consultant Kerstin Mahlmann led the project at Brintons.
– A contemporary hotel conveniently located for business and leisure travellers, in close proximity to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.
– Brintons designed approximately 700sqm of bespoke axminster carpet for Le Campus, the hotel’s flexible and energising meeting space conceived to evoke the nostalgia of university life whilst inspiring creative thinking and enhancing the exchange of ideas.
– Brintons developed the carpet design based on the pattern that Virserius Studio specially created for this project. The design inspiration for the pattern is taken from the structure of molecules which fits into the overall scheme: the aim was to create a campus space, an innovative concept for co-working and creative meetings. The pattern was carefully adapted for each room.
– The pattern colour scheme is different in each room and the vibrant colours were chosen to match the rest of the room decoration, from curtains to wall paint.
The renovation has been recognised by:
– 2015 International Hotel & Property Award, acknowledged as a shortlisted project
– 2015 European Hotel & Design Award, acknowledged as a finalist project
– 2016 A’ Design Award, awarded a Gold Award
– 2016 ida Design Award, awarded a Bronze Award
– 2016 European Property Award, awarded as winner
Comments from the team:
Kerstin Mahlmann, Brintons Design Consultant comments:
“For Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, we designed Brintons bespoke axminster carpets using strong, really vibrant colours to stand out against the grey background. The pattern is made up of cubes of different sizes, and appears to fade from dark to light. The placement of the pattern is designed to draw you in as you approach a room, and as you enter reveals itself as an artwork on the floor. The carpets add a lot of value to the overall feel of the finished spaces.”
Sabrina Ben Salem, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle adds: “The bright colours and the bespoke design developed by Brintons truly create a refreshing and vibrant atmosphere in the meeting rooms, allowing our guests to feel energised and sparking creative thinking, which is just what we were looking for.”
– Brintons is a world-leading supplier of premium quality custom-designed and stocked carpet to the residential and commercial sectors (hospitality, public spaces, marine, leisure and gaming).
– With over 230 years of heritage creating beautiful bespoke woven carpet for some of the world’s most prestigious buildings including royal palaces, historic houses and luxury hotels, Brintons is today the trusted partner of choice for designers looking for expert design input in addition to exceptional quality products.
– A global network of design studios and a unique pattern archive offer clients a powerful creative resource that inspires people to think differently about colour and pattern.
– Brintons’ team of leading designers works closely with client project teams to create designs that meet the needs of individual projects of every size, specification and level of design complexity – be they classic, traditional or contemporary in style.
– In addition to custom-designed carpet, Brintons offers stock collections of premium woven axminster and Wilton broadloom carpets, tiles and hand tufted rugs. A regularly updated portfolio of designs created specifically for the commercial market by inspiring, trend-leading expert designers, including Kelly Hoppen, Timorous Beasties and Stacey Garcia offers designers, specifiers and architects an unusually wide collection of contemporary patterns and palette.
– Brintons offers a total project management service to its commercial clients.
Issued on behalf of Brintons by Caro Communications. For further press information please contact:
Caro Communications Tel: 020 7713 9388
Tel: 020 7713 9388